Barnsley, United Kingdom, Europe
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
28K plus Bonus
* This job opening has been viewed 1416 times « Return to list
An excellent opportunity is available to join a Manufacturing and Logistics company in a period of growth, and the completion of the transition to lean manufacturing together with promoting a culture of continuous improvement and organisational learning.
This is an exciting role which will present challenge after challenge and the opportunity to make a difference. If you have experience in a fast paced environment and can evidence your knowledge and expertise in dealing with urban and rapid production machinery, then this is the job for you!
As a Maintenance Engineer you will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for mechanical and electrical maintenance on a range of production machinery. The role is split between breakdown maintenance, planned preventative maintenance and condition based monitoring. On the job training will be provided for the specialised equipment.
- To maintain and keep in good repair factory machinery with as little down time as possible.
- To assist in the installation and commissioning of new machinery.
- To source machinery parts from outside suppliers at best prices.
- To ensure Portable Appliance Testing is carried our in accordance with Health and Safety procedures.
- To give a general maintenance service to other areas of the Company as and when required.
- To ensure Health and Safety procedures are followed at all times.
- To assist and provide cover for others in aspects of their work as delegated from time to time.
- To adopt a flexible approach to the role according to the needs and the resources of the Department and undertake all other duties as appropriate to the post.
- In conjunction with other team members, to ensure that flexible working arrangements are in place at all times, for the whole department, particularly during annual leave and sickness, to cover team members if required.
- You need to be aware that shift pattern changes may need to be taken due to commercial necessity and therefore flexibility is essential to ensure the efficient operation of any shift.
- To carry out any reasonable requests from any Senior Member of Staff.
- Experience as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer with a good electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- Needs to have an Electrical qualification and the ability to efficiently fault find.
- Experience in a high speed production plant is desirable but not essential.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and have the drive to learn about new equipment and put new skills into action.
- A commitment to quality and teamwork is essential.
37.5 hours per week (3 Shifts rotating weekly Monday-Friday)Days (6:00am–1:30pm), Afters (2:00pm–9:30pm), Nights (10:00pm-05.30am)